Functional Rhinoplasty Dallas
Functional rhinoplasty refers to the art of shaping a nose so that the individual can breathe better. Rhinoplasty simply means changing the shape of a nose, whether for cosmetic or functional (i.e., breathing) purposes. At times, functional rhinoplasty may require a change of only the inside of the nose to enhance breathing such as straightening a deviated septum, modifying an enlarged turbinate, correcting internal or external nasal valve collapse.
At times functional rhinoplasty may also involve changing the shape of the external nose to help with breathing but at the same time permit enhanced cosmetic results. In the accompanying photograph, this woman had undergone over-reductive rhinoplasty so that she looked “scooped” out with an over-rotated nasal tip (pig nose) and also could not breathe. By correcting both the outside and inside of the nose, she could finally breathe well and also look much more natural in appearance.
Functional Rhinoplasty Procedure
Functional rhinoplasty procedures are performed by Dr Lam personally, at his Cosmetic Surgery center in Dallas, Texas. To schedule a functional rhinoplasty consultation call 1-888-866-3388 or email us. The details of your functional rhinoplasty (both the limitations and the benefits in your particular situation) will be explained to you during your consultation with Dr. Lam and his team.
- Learn more about rhinoplasty with our rhinoplasty tutorial
- For more rhinoplasty videos, click here
- For more rhinoplasty testimonial videos, click here
- For more rhinoplasty recovery video diaries, click here
- For more before-and-after rhinoplasty photos, click here
- For more before-and-after revision (corrective) rhinoplasty photos, click here
- For more before-and-after Asian rhinoplasty photos, click here